Monday, November 3, 2014

Primordial Soup Ingrediant - NaNoWriMo






photo-23.JPG
The first NaNoWriMo (National November Writing Month) I entered, I won. What a feeling of accomplishment. I did it for the pure challenge of writing a completely realized novel. I didn’t even know about NaNo until it had been going on for four days. Starting behind (thousands of word behind), I completed 50,000 words, two hours before the midnight deadline for my time zone. What a rush!


I have four novels in various stages of editing because of NaNoWriMo. Writing in this intense manner took my writing from disjointed scenes to full fledged fully actualized plots-beginning, middle, end. I am going for it for the fifth time, though if you look at my author page on NaNo, you won't see previous novels writing wins. I am writing under my pen name for the first time.The blank slate is a different level of motivation.


I’m a come from behind winner for NaNo and every year I have intentions of keeping on top of my word count. November is extremely busy month with holidays, plays, and rehearsal. But, I will complete 50,000 words towards a novel by months end. During this intense writing time, I will post unedited excerpts from the 2014 NaNo novel. I hope you will enjoy these months blog updates. Happy November!!!



1 comment:

  1. This is exciting, Alice! Keep it up. Am enjoying your excerpt.

    ReplyDelete