Sunday, August 30, 2015

8 Sentence Sunday

My post to 8-sentence-sunday-on-dieselpunks.

This is from my H.A.G (Hermetic Aphrodite Guild) story. It's an exchange between the "villains."

"He’s going on a date with a H.A.G," said Ruby, slamming down a hefty textbook.

"Does it really matter? He can do what he wants. The Order of Typesetters has never dictated whom one can date," said Flint.

"But H.A.G’s are just entirely too much about nature. They never get degrees. What can he see in someone who is uneducated."

"I’ve heard that a woman goes through an education process similar to universities in order to become a Traveling H.A.G. And, the guild has strict code in order to call oneself a H.A.G."

“Are you defending her?"

4 comments:

  1. I like the dialogue, it's so snappy and vivid. I especially like the action "Ruby, slamming down a hefty textbook". I nearly head that book hitting the desk :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah. I always enjoy your feedback.

      Delete
  2. A lovely fragment. As Sarah has already said, vivid dialogue. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete