Saturday, July 4, 2015

7.7.7. Challenge

I was challenged by Sarah Zama, The Old Shelter, and Jack Taylor, Beyond the Rails, to participate in the 7.7.7. challenge.
777
The 777 challenge requires you go to Page 7 of your work-in-progress, scroll down to Line 7 and share the next 7 sentences in a blog post. Once you have done this, you can tag 7 other bloggers to do the same with their work-in-progress.
Here is my seven:
They were all smartly dressed in traveling clothes with odd embellishments of hooks and loops. The two boys carried leather backpacks with gears, tools with dials, and metal tubs dangle off in different locations and sparkled in the dappled sunlight. Miss Winsome's bag was normal compared to the two girl's large shoulder slung bags, which were also adorned with tools and gears. She stared and instantly blushed when one of the boys called to her.
"Miss, are you heading to Old Faithful today?" said the tallest boy with sweep of blond hair covering one eye.
"Yes, my uncle..." she stopped what she said and looked around her for him.
Her uncle was at the storage car directing the care and transportation of his prized mechanical horse.

I pass the challenge to...Je ne sais pas.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, you did it!!! And the snippet is really nice. Give a sense of the atmosphere even in so few sentences.

    Hey, I suppose anyone can take the challenge, right? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah. I hope I didn't break the rules too badly, but you and Jack had picked to tag many of the people I knew had blogs.

      Delete
  2. He looked at the girl in her refined dress, high corsett, and parasol, high white boots with glistening leather spats, and suddenly started laughing. Roaring with laughter, wiping tears from his eyes, the bedraggled officer climbed slowly to his feet, literally choking on his mirth.
    “Sir! What exactly has you so amused?” she asked.
    “I am just thinking about a meeting.” he answered, “Two people will be sitting in a room with absolutely nothing to say to each other, and I want to be there to see it!”

    With surprizing agility, the lawman stood, and started off at a fast walk down the main street. “Come along ma'am. I well send someone for the bags!”

    With no other options Special agent Potts followed in his wake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving a snippet. I want to tag along with Special Agent Potts.

      Delete
  3. An extract that makes me want to know more. Feels steampunk, and I supect it is. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete