Thursday, May 28, 2015

Miss Winsome; Published This Summer.

It has a been long process, but I'm finally see that I will hit my goal this summer. I will publish the first of three novellas about Miss Winsome and her adventures in Yellowstone National park. I have read countless articles about writing and have attended and read about self publishing. The time has come for the final push. The planned goal is to have the first Miss Winsome book published late July or early August. I'm starting to have the winning feeling.

Here is another excerpt from Miss Winsome's first adventure:

Mr Tittle parked his bike to near Miss Millstone’s fire for her taste and the last blast of steam brought the stench of coal to her nose. “You should have parked that thing away from my camp. You better have something good to tell me. What destruction of nature are the scientific society students doing?”
“I saw no destruction of even a leaf.” Mr Tittle squatted next to her smouldering fire and poured black tea from the kettle. “Tea, I thought it would be coffee.”
“I hate coffee. Tell me what you’ve discovered if anything.” She stood above him for a moment and then sat across from him.
“I couldn’t stand hanging around Miss Winsome and her friends-”
“Wait, the girl that I had dangling from the Persephone’s ladder is named Miss Winsome?”
“Yes, Miss Evelyn Winsome. Her and her friends weren’t doing anything interesting, just playing around with science stuff.”
While Mr Tittle talked, Miss Millstone retrieved a stack of papers and newspaper articles. She tried to keep track of socialites who were connected to National Parks or any western land moguls who were all about development of her western wilderness.
“What’s all that stuff?” asked Mr Tittle as he took a sip of his too dark tea.
“Nothing important to you.  Tell me what you did discover. You have found something for me, right?”
He nodded though she didn’t see having her nose buried in the papers. She knew she had seen the sir name Winsome in one of her collected articles.

1 comment: