Saturday, February 14, 2015

Miss Winsome and the Scientific Society

Another 8 for Weekend Writing Warriors. Check out other 8s at the link below.
"Look!" said Miss Randolf. "A flappy airbike."
The students and Miss Winsome stared at where she pointed and below the Persephone, a man peddled a bike with wings. The pilot would stop peddling periodically and puffs of steam floated behind him. He worked at keeping the craft aloft being overly burdened with photography equipment. The flappy airbike became entertainment as it disappeared from view and caught up when the pilot increased his pedaling effort.  
When the flappy airbike came back into view, Miss Randolf would announce his return, "He caught up to us again."


6 comments:

  1. Quite an entertaining visual. :-) ! I like the flappy airbike. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the concept of the flappy airbike and how you've introduced it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very interesting snippet! I love the "flappy airbike," and the man who seems to pilot it very well. I'm very curious as to what other treasures this story holds. Nice 8!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it - I want a flappy airbike!!! Excellent excerpt indeed....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I want a flappy airbike! Please don't tell me they are like the flying cars we were promised.

    ReplyDelete
  6. of course not, It would be either a recumbent style or the amsterdam bike with gearing to increase the pedal power ratio.

    ReplyDelete